bino-list

[Bino-list] remote control through udp under Windows

From: Michael Horn
Subject: [Bino-list] remote control through udp under Windows
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 11:58:51 +0100

Hi,

first, thank you all for this Software.
I'm building right know the software infrastructure for a multi projector stereoscopic environment for research purposes, checking different quad buffered open gl enabled players and it looks like Bino may work best. Unfortunately we need to control the player remotely through a network.
What I need to do:

- start three instances of Bino
- toggle play on all of them simultaneously
- "alt+tab" between them (already scripted in autoit3)

or (depending on system load and latency)

- start one instance of Bino
- toggle play
- jump to different times

Is there any easy possibility to control the different instances through udp or any other protocol? Under Linux one could use Lirc, but apparently this doesn't work with Windows and as our warping and blending software is not available for Linux we cannot switch systems. I would be very grateful if someone could provide a "dirty hack" for this or point me into the right direction so I may try by myself or, hopefully not, say: "too complicated, not gonna happen soon".

Many thanks in advance
Michael