bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Bino 1.3.1 is released! - alternating output mode

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Bino 1.3.1 is released! - alternating output mode
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:45:58 +0100

Hi Daniel!

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:25:00 +0100, Daniel Fratzscher wrote:
> Is there a way to generate a vesa sync compatible signal (left: 5v (on),
> right: 0V (off), see http://www.stereo3d.com/vesa3.htm , maybe
> including an adjustable delay time to compensate the delay caused by
> video processing in the display device)? This could be used for
> IR-Emitters to sync (including NVIDIA 3D-Vision Emitter which has a
> VESA input). Maybe this can be done trough the parallel port. There
> was a project SoftGenLock
> http://netjuggler.sourceforge.net/Download/SoftGenLock-HTML/index.html
> but I was never able to compile it...

Yes, one of the reasons for the recent restructuring was to be able to
call functions synchronized to the vertical refresh of the display.

So we can add a simple hook for left/right toggling, and then have
different "drivers" that talk to different glasses (e.g. NVIDIA 3D
Vision via libnvstusb, or your home-grown miniDIN-3 connector).

Martin