bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] I have been translating bino's GUI into Chinese, but I h

From: Frédéric Devernay
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] I have been translating bino's GUI into Chinese, but I have some string that I don't quite understand.
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:13:49 +0200

Hi,

thank you for your help in translating bino.

Le 24 sept. 2013 à 11:47, 丰 <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi there. I installed bino3d player some time ago. I think the GUI is rather
> simple, and decided to translate it into Chinese. I have finished 97% of the
> translation. But there are some strings (words) that I don't quite sure about
> what they mean. I will appreciate if some guru explain a bit for me or point
> me to some wikipedia alike link.
>
> Here are the lists (po file obtained from the bino3d 1.4.2 source package):
> 1. "Ghostbusting" in "#: src/gui.cpp:1989" and a couple other places.

Ghostbusting means "removing ghosts", which are double-images. It comes from
the movie "Ghostbusters", maybe you should check out the title in Chinese :-)

> 2. "Equalizer" in "#: src/main.cpp:473" and a couple other places. I
> understand an "equalizer" as in a music player. But I don't understand how is
> equalizer related to a display.

"Equalizer" is the name of a software, so it should probably stay like this

> 3. "Frame rate divisor for display refresh rate" in "#: src/main.cpp:500", is
> this divisor == frame rate / display refresh rate, or the reciprocal?
it corresponds to this in the Qt documentation (maybe there is a Chinese doc
for Qt too):
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtopengl/qglformat.html#setSwapInterval

it means that left-right buffer swaps will happen every "X" vertical refresh

> 4. "conversion context" in "#: src/media_object.cpp:964", I don't know what
> that mean.

it is an internal object needed for converting a video from one size to another.

> 5. "canvas in Equalizer" in "#: src/player_equalizer.cpp:425", I don't quite
> understand that.

a canvas is a place in the GUI where you draw things, a bit like where you
draw/edit the slide in powerpoint, or any graphics view.

Equalizer is a software library.

> Here are some statement I would like to discuss about with a fellow Chinese
> translator (If there is any):
> "OpenGL context" in "#: src/video_output_qt.cpp:744", I know this is common
> phrase in OpenGL programming. But I have no idea how to translate it to
> Chinese.
Well, if there is a chinese verison of the "OpenGL programming manual" (also
called the Red Book), it shgould be in there!