bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Newer lav* compatibility

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Newer lav* compatibility
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 16:28:10 +0100

Hi Vittorio!

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:03:05 +0100, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> Hello,
>     I'm writing some automated 3d switching code, using the new
> stereo3d api from Libav, and noticed that some API have not been
> updated to the latest version. Here are some patches that should take
> care of most of the problem.
>
> Cheers,
>     Vittorio
>
> Vittorio Giovara (4):
>   update CodecId istances for newer lavc compatibility
>   replace r_frame_rate istances for newer lavfo compatibility
>   Replace all instances of avcodec_alloc_frame() with av_frame_alloc()
>   deprecate lowres usage for newer lavc compatibility
>
>  src/media_object.cpp |   37 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
>  1 file changed, 22 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

Thanks for your patches, and sorry for the late answer. I spent some
time without net access...

Patch 3 (av_frame_alloc) breaks compilation on Debian unstable because
there is no av_frame_alloc function yet. Can you add some version test
magic similar to patch 1 to allow compilation with older FFmpeg/Libav?

In patch 2, it seems to me that r_frame_rate and avg_frame_rate have
different meaning. Are you sure they are interchangeable?

Patches 1 and 4 are applied and pushed, thank you!

Best regards,
Martin