bino-list

[Bino-list] Android interface for Bino

From: John Clement
Subject: [Bino-list] Android interface for Bino
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 00:51:42 -0500

I am interested in seeing it ported to Android.  The Gadmei and other tablets are now available for 3D slides & movies, but the software is wretched.  It does not support interleaved AVI a la Fuji, and it produces reversed images with no option to fix this.  The slide software is slightly better especially 3Dsteroid, but the latter has no zoom in capability, and it is balky.  Bino is the most full featured 3D video software available, but I would actually like an integration of slides and video in the same package.  The existing packages and code already exists except for two pieces.  The interface has to be made tablet compatible, and it needs to turn on the parallax barrier grill.  This latter requirement may not be the same for other laptops than the Gadmei.  I don't know what the 3D smartphones do.

I have both taught and done programming, but nothing involving this type of job, and it would take me a long while to learn the code needed.  One consideration which would make it easier is that the applet can just be full screen so the code needed to sense the position for aligning the l/r strips is much simpler.