bino-list

[Bino-list] Building 1.6.3 on FC23

From: Illtud Daniel
Subject: [Bino-list] Building 1.6.3 on FC23
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:23:53 +0000

In case anybody finds it useful, here's my experience
building 1.6.3 on Fedora Core 23.

1.4.4 is available from rpmfusion-free, but would segfault
for me on opening any file.

lirc support didn't build for me, but I don't use it, so this
was built with:

 ./configure --without-lirc

depeendencies I didn't already have on system:

libavdevice libass-devel openal-soft-devel qt5-qtbase-devel
libGLEWmx glew-devel libquadmath-devel texinfo

Couldn't get it to build until I added:

 #include "quadmath.h"

to src/base/str.h

Thank you for a great product. I was curious if I could power my
Optoma HD141X from my linux laptop via my intel i915 HDMI out.

If anybody's interested, the only way I can get my particular
combination to work is to set the projector as a mirror of my
primary display, and run half-res SBS.

Any other setup of displays and bino doesn't send anything to
HDMI. Any full SBS, or DLP 3D Ready Sync and I get a popup
with 'OpenGL error 0x0501', but nothing in bino output.

Took me a while to RTFM and find how to set the frame format
to SBS on the projector.

--
Illtud Daniel                                        address@hidden