bino-list

[Bino-list] Ubuntu 17.04 - Segmentation crash

From: Lee T Davy - Sys76 Lemur
Subject: [Bino-list] Ubuntu 17.04 - Segmentation crash
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 12:03:24 -0400

Same crash occurs with /dev/video0 DVD device
as with MP4 file from Nikon KeyMission 360 camera.
This type file previously worked with Ubuntu 16.* which
leads me to believe there are a lot more applications affected.

I also have a fresh Ubuntu 17.04 on separate system
with a crash file captured and unpacked.

I have just subscribed to noguru mailing list as well.

Installed binary using repository
$ ls -l /usr/bin/bino
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1173840 Dec 16  2016 /usr/bin/bino

Bino version 1.6.5.
Copyright (C) 2016 the Bino developers.

Attached is Nikon Keymission 360 Panorama file
and text file containing mediainfo and command line crash message.
Same crash occurs with /dev/video0 DVD device

Files from this camera have been working since February purchase of camera.
Previously working MP4 files no longer play.

Mailing list discussion suggests Ubuntu at fault but
may not be true if working in February on Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak.

This leads to build for Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus so suggest getting to
Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark to verify working build before October release.

--
System76 Lemur <address@hidden>