bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] bino 3d windows problem

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] bino 3d windows problem
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 20:51:01 +0100

Hello!

The "alternating left/right" output mode is unfortunately not reliable,
and I know of no way to fix this without driver support.

On Linux, the GLX extension function glXGetVideoSyncSGI() can be used
to reduce the problem, so errors are less likely on that platform.
I do not know of a similar extension function on Windows.

The real fix is to use the output mode "OpenGL stereo", which means the
graphics driver and hardware guarantee that the left/right views are
displayed correctly. Unfortunately that usually requires a special
graphics card (e.g. NVIDIA Quadro).

Cheers,
Martin