bkchem-user

Re: [Bkchem-user] bkchem on linux ... questions

From: Beda Kosata
Subject: Re: [Bkchem-user] bkchem on linux ... questions
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:52:01 +0000

Hi Rochus,
I am sorry for writing so late.
I did some experiments with binary release for bkchem and found that it is nearly impossible. The problem is in different version of shared libraries on different systems. The solution to this would be either to provide binaries for different systems built on the respective systems. This would, however mean that I would have to build a binary for Redhat 9.0 on Redhat 9.0, so it would obviously not solve the problem with the boxes :) The other solution is to package every dependency, dependency of dependency (and so forth, ad nauseam) with bkchem, but this would in fact mean building a custom linux distribution (X is one of the dependencies :) without being sure it would work anyway :(

I am sorry that I have no good news :(

        Cheers
                BEDA

Rochus Schmid wrote: