bkchem-user

[Bkchem-user] Using BKChem as a library for generation of 2D structure i

From: Noel O'Boyle
Subject: [Bkchem-user] Using BKChem as a library for generation of 2D structure images
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:31:39 +0000

Hello Beda,

I'm working on Pybel (OpenBabel Python wrapper) and am looking into
ways of generating a quick view of the structure of a molecule. Is it
possible to use BKChem to generate an image of a molecule from the
Python prompt which I can then display?

I don't want to start BKChem itself, although that is another
possibility (but that is a different problem). I just want to display
a simple 2D view of a molecule.

If this is possible, I would appreciate some pointers on how to do this.

Regards,
   Noel (O'Boyle)