bkchem-user

Re: [Bkchem-user] Using BKChem as a library for generation of 2D structu

From: Noel O'Boyle
Subject: Re: [Bkchem-user] Using BKChem as a library for generation of 2D structure images
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:24:04 +0100

I have not yet looked at the development code, but it seems to me that
the current release of OASA does not allow me to specify the
stereochemistry around a double bond, i.e. E/Z or in SMILES, F/C=C\F
vs. F\C=C\F. Is this true?

I must say that the images look very nice. I have one request though -
it should be possible to get back the image itself as a Cairo surface
or even just as a string representing a PNG. At the moment the only
option is to create a PNG file. I want to display the image using
Tkinter so it's better for me if I don't need to write to disk.

Noel