bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Fwd: Finalists from poor areas of the world

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Fwd: Finalists from poor areas of the world
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:05:00 +0330

On Mon November 25 2002 12:45, Arash Zeini wrote:

> You can now see in the www.e-inclusionsite.org the list of projects
> from poor areas of the world that have reached the finals of the
> Global Junior Challenge and, therefore, qualify to compete for a
> share of the funds raised by the www.e-inclusionsite.org and the
> Global Youth Incubator. The amount available so far is Euro 30,000.

> If you wish to help build a more inclusive world and, particularly,
> projects from poor areas of the world, please visit
> www.e-inclusionsite.org and click everyday the "donation" button in
> the home page. Each one of your clicks releases EURO 5 cents of
> EURO25,000 already donated by the Development Gateway and Unisys.

Hey, but the donator is UNISYS, the same company that has joined forces with
Microsoft and is developing a campaign saying Unix is inflexible and
expensive and everyone should switch to Windoze
Go to www.wehavethewayout.com and see what I mean.
Now, if reducing the digital divide means replacing Unix wiht M$, then it's a
NO NO for me. I would never like to reduce the divide this way!
Maybe because they believe Unix is *expensive*, then they want to help people
switch do the *cheaper* windoze, and by doing this they beleive they can help
poor nations!!!
I mean, I wouldn't accpet a donation from such a company ever !

Cheers
--
Calling their enemies "terrorists" was an excuse for
the Nazis to do whatever violation of the human rights.

Aryan