bokeep-devel

[Bokeep-devel] Long future: Bo-Keep 2.0 and 3.0 to involve switches to g

From: Mark Jenkins
Subject: [Bokeep-devel] Long future: Bo-Keep 2.0 and 3.0 to involve switches to gtk3 and python 3
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 12:29:36 -0500

Samuel asked about about the possibility of Bo-Keep using GTK3 and Python 3.

I've done a bit of research on these and documented them in tasks #11115
and #11116 .
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?11115
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?11116

As tentative release goals for distant major version number releases
(meaning there is big architectural change), I've set out that we could
aim for Bo-Keep 2.0 using Gtk3 via python gobject introspection and
Bo-Keep 3.0 using python 3. (depends on the previous goal, old pygtk
won't be python 3 ported).

Mark