bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Bongo and .ts file

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Bongo and .ts file
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:34:39 +0100

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm really happy to hear that you find Bongo usable even
though you're blind.  I know from #emacs that Emacs is
popular among blind people.

Is there something one should keep in mind when developing
applications for Emacs to make life easier for blind people?

The reason why Bongo won't play `.ts' files is that it does
not recognize the file extension.  So Bongo does not know
that mplayer can play those files.

I will add that extension to the list of file extensions
that Bongo knows mplayer can play.  However, it will be at
least ten days before that change reaches Debian testing.

Should I add it for VLC as well?  I will CC this message to
the mailing list for comments.  I hope you don't mind.

In the meantime, you can customize the variable
`bongo-custom-backend-matchers' and add an entry that
declares that mplayer can play `.ts' files.

If you don't want to use Custom, you can put this in your
init file instead:

   (setq bongo-custom-backend-matchers
         '((mplayer (local-file "file:" "http:" "ftp:") "ts")))

I hope this helps,