bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] FYI: Bongo no longer serializes object line contents

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [bongo-devel] FYI: Bongo no longer serializes object line contents
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:21:23 +0100

Bongo used to serialize the contents of track lines and
header lines along with the line properties (which are text
properties on the newline character).

I just installed a patch (``Fix bug related to mark icons
and collapsed sections'') that changes this behavior: now,
only the line properties of object lines are serialized.

This reduces the size of Bongo files quite significantly.
I am not sure if it speeds up or slows down loading files.
There's less parsing, but on the other hand, Bongo has to
redisplay the whole buffer after decoding it.

There shouldn't be much of a practical difference, but it
might matter to someone and the patch message didn't really
point it out (I forgot to mention it), so I thought I better
say something here.

Well, now you know.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>