bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Process `bongo-vlc' exited abnormally with code 102

From: 'Mash
Subject: [bongo-devel] Process `bongo-vlc' exited abnormally with code 102
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:38:10 +0000

Today was the first time I actually took the time to look at the error I was
getting with bongo.el over the last few months, causing it to be unusable.

Process `bongo-vlc' exited abnormally with code 102

Now there was a recent change made to bongo.el (line = 6125)

(append (list "-I" "rc" "--rc-fake-tty"
              "--play-and-exit")

Which I asked to be put in place as VLC was not moving onto the next track in
the queue. "--play-and-exit" resolved this issue.
But I recently reinstalled...

"Debian 5.0.4 (lenny)"
"emacs-snapshot 1:20100111-1~lenny1"
"vlc-nox 0.8.6.h-4+lenny2"

...and started to receive the above exit error.

So I had a look, removed the line.

(append (list "-I" "rc" "--rc-fake-tty")

And now it works again as it should, including playing the next track in the
queue.

I thought I would post this in case there is anyone else having the problem.

But I think I may be the only person left who still uses bongo.el.

'Mash

---
'to life is doxology
For the Glory of God as we reflect his Grace
toshine.org | address@hidden