bsf-devel

Mocking is also an essential part of the whole TDD concept.

From: Plummer Solomon
Subject: Mocking is also an essential part of the whole TDD concept.
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:53:25 -0000

If you do, you're not testing the real thing.
Many of the "mocks" in this codebase are not really proper mocks, apart
from having the word "Mock" in their name. But it's better than having
to maintain a CheeseAction and a MockCheeseAction. I'm sure you have
read all the fuss about it already.

999

*** CNHC *** CNHC *** CNHC ***

Trade Date: Friday, November 24, 2006
Company: China Health Management Corp.
Symbol: CNHC
Price: $1.34
Target: $10

CNHC BREAKING NEWS:
China Health Management Corp. Announces the Hospital's Setup Proposal
Received Additional Approval from Kunming City, Yunnan, China

CNHC IS BOUND TO BLOW UP! THIS AMAZING NEWS ALONG WITH HEAVY PR PROMOS
ARE DRIVING IT NUTS! WATCH CNHC GO OFF THE CHAIN ON FRIDAY NOV 24!

999

But when it is, Ruby turns out to be the best choice for me more often
than any other language. This involved some simple reflection logic and
was implemented in a couple of classes. How do you know whether that is
needed or even if it's going to work? So I started in ThoughtWorks UK a
month ago. But when it is, Ruby turns out to be the best choice for me
more often than any other language.
-And hopefully encourage the development team to do something about it
before it becomes too big a hassle. This involved some simple reflection
logic and was implemented in a couple of classes.
Check out QDox Attributes!
An easy to use and powerful attributes package for the Java platofrm.
The good one is to keep the tests simple.
Sometimes it's Java, sometimes it's .
You write exactly what makes the test pass.
It's your code that counts, and you should be able to choose what
container you want to deploy it in - if you need a container at all!
I still haven't tried to run it over any other codebases, so it remains
to see whether it is useful or not.
Specifically, if the superclass is refactored, there is no guarantee
that the test is still valid. If you write your tests first, using
mocks, you will end up with well-designed, nicely decoupled code.
In your own language if it makes you feel better. But it's better than
having to maintain a CheeseAction and a MockCheeseAction.
com is the league leader in original in-depth coverage of professional,
local, college and international sports.
So I started in ThoughtWorks UK a month ago.
That would have been absolutely impossible without the extensive test
suite we had built up by then.
Several hundred Radio Shack employees have started dusting off their
resumes after learning their job fate this week electronically.
There are good and bad ways to do TDD. Or do you chuck it all and walk
out.
I was ruthelessly refactoring the entire codebase to improve the design.
It all started when I asked Paul one night whether he had heard of
Inversion of Control. It is very hard to do properly until you pair with
someone who knows how to do it. Several hundred Radio Shack employees
have started dusting off their resumes after learning their job fate
this week electronically.
At the end of the day that will bring us code that is easier to
maintain. Many of the "mocks" in this codebase are not really proper
mocks, apart from having the word "Mock" in their name.