cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] good compiler book

From: Phil Tomson
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] good compiler book
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Pat Eyler wrote:

> Other than the dragon book, what are some good references for compiler
> design and implementation?  (Books, urls, whatever).   I'm not a comp sci
> major, so my background is a bit sparse.
>
> -pate

I'm not a comp sci person either...  There's O'Reilly's book on Lex and
Yacc (of course it's oriented toward those two tools).  I think the Ruby
Developer's Guide has a section on Rockit - but that'll be limited to the
'frontend' parsing since there's no code generation.  The Dragon book
might be a bit to theoretical than what we need.  Also it would be nice to
find something that covers virtual machines.

Phil