cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] Status on Ruby frontend?

From: Erik Bågfors
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] Status on Ruby frontend?
Date: 06 Sep 2002 09:12:56 +0200

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 00:07, Phil Tomson wrote:
> Has anyone taken a look at the Ruby frontend that's in the parrot CVS
> repository?

Just a really quick look.

> Should we continue on with a pure Ruby implementation (or Ruth) or drop
> it in favor of the way the parrot folks are going?

Well, it doesn't really matter which way we go but I think Ruth is as
experimental as anything else.  And Ruth will be REALLY hard to modify
to the next rewrite of ruby so I think we will be stuck with the current
version of ruby if we go that way.

I say we should go with the way the parrot folks are going.

BTW, Who are willing to do what??  I'd like to work in the PMC/Classes
stuff but am not really interested in creating the compiler.  Who is
willing to work on that?

/Erik

--
Erik Bågfors               | address@hidden
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273