cashew-s

[CASHeW-s] bad Wiki,(Bi- Weekly report)

From: X F Liu
Subject: [CASHeW-s] bad Wiki,(Bi- Weekly report)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 01:02:17 +0000

this week is really tough. Because I am unfamiliar with Eclipse and the Eclipse
plugin, so I decided to look at one simple plugin as a sample to study. The
plugin I chose was the eReport which I think is a little bit easier for me.  the
following is a report of that!

The Eclipse plugin for eReport was created to help create the eReport XML
definition file. It includes a visual designer as well as a text view. We can
run the Parser from within eclipse to create our spreadsheet. Eclipse Plugin
Installation
We can get the latest version of Eclipse or the GEF  plugin from
www.eclipse.org. Once we have Eclipse installed we can download the eReport
plugin (The plugin is in the file sharing area of ereport.tigris.org). Once we
have downloaded the plugin we extract the eReport zip file in wer Eclipse
plugins directory. This will create two new plugins.
Eclipse Plugin use
To get started with eReport we need an open project. If we do not have a
existing project we can create a new one by clicking on File, selecting New and
clicking Project. If this project is only for eReport use select Simple and
click the Next button. From here we give the project a name and click finish.
Once we have an open project we can use the eReport wizard to get a template
eReport definition file. To start the wizard click on File select New and click
Other. Choose Simple and select eReport Wizard and click the Next button. If
needed choose a folder and give the eReport definition file a name or use the
defaults. Click finish and the wizard will create skeleton eReport definition
file and open it for us.
To use all the features of the visual designer we should open a properties view,
outline view, navigator view, and eReport Console View. These are all available
from the window menu if they are not already open (we may have to click other to
see all available options). To add Elements to the visual designer we click on
the Element we want on the pallete and then click on the visual designer where
we want to drop the Element. The properties view allows us to modify the value
of each Element and its attributes. We can also edit the XML file by hand by
choosing to edit the file in source mode by using the source tab. Once we have
the definition file created we can create a excel file by clicking File and then
Run XML to run the parser.

Hope the wiki will get work soon!!!
Yours!
                                                                   Roger!