cashew-s

[CASHeW-s] RE: CaSHew-NUtS

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: [CASHeW-s] RE: CaSHew-NUtS
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:56:13 +0000

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 09:08, Barry Norton wrote:
> Yes I want to put the LaTeX (and BibTeX) in and was going to add a new
> module.
>
> If you'd prefer I add it to the documentation module I'll do that.
> Presumably this is where you'll work on the final version of the
> proposal, too?
>
> If anyone isn't aware what Andrew means, he's quite right that standard
> practice is to put only source files under CVS - hence my projects have
> .tex, .bib, .cls, .sty and .fig files (no .dvi, .ps and .pdf and no
> .aux, .bbl etc.).  The only exception to this is bitmap files (if
> necessary as encapsulated postscript), where these are really necessary
> over vector format files (i.e. .fig), for instance for screenshots.
>
> Barry

Yes, I meant to add a documentation module before, but never got round
to it, I guess.  We've only been using the haskell module I set up, so
problems with the permissions at the top-level weren't apparent.  It
should be sorted now, however.

It's probably best if you could add it as a sub-directory of the
documentation module.  That way, we have all the documentation in one
place.  The research proposal will be going in there too (so, one of us
would have had to set this up soon anyway).

The reason we've kept the proposal to the wiki so far is that I guess
it's easier to access; I'm not sure how many members of the team are
currently aware of how to use CVS.  Can the rest of you let me know if
you're capable of using CVS yet?  You're going to need to be pretty soon
anyway, so it's best if we get this sorted out as early as possible.  I
don't really want to leave the proposal just up on the wiki for much
longer, or we'll probably end up with a rush to translate it at the end.
If I say we move it to CVS at the weekend, can everyone either post
their additions to the wiki by then, or use CVS to make changes after
this date?  Can you guys let me know your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known --
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner