ccd2cue

Re: [ccd2cue] Any chance of a Windows build in the future?

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: [ccd2cue] Any chance of a Windows build in the future?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:07:17 -0300

Hello, Marcus.

Em Wed, 28 Sep 2016 21:23:46 +0100
Marcus Naylor <address@hidden> escreveu:

> Bottom-line question is:  can it be made for Windows or not?  What
> would need changing to make it more compatible with Cygwin or even
> MinGW?

In principle, it should be reasonably straightforward to port ccd2cue to
Windows using MinGW, because it's a simple program with standard
dependencies.  The proper integration of gnulib[0] into ccd2cue's source
base should solve those undefined references to argp and libintl.  If
you are interested in porting it, I'm happy to help you out with any
questions you might have.  After the job is complete, I can make a new
release featuring that portability improvement.

> This tool is pretty much the missing link in my batch-script
> intentions - no other program out there seems to do what I'm
> specifically after!

I'm glad to hear ccd2cue is useful to you.  May I ask what are you
specifically after? ;-)

> Did try looking at the IRC channel for help but it looks abandoned.
> That or I just happened to turn up during closing hours.  Meh.

Sorry, I haven't been hanging around there lately.  :-P

Thank you for your interest in GNU ccd2cue.

Footnotes:

[0] https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/

--
 88888  FFFFF Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
 8   8  F     http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/

- MININIM: http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/mininim/
- TM86: http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/terminal-matrix-8086/
- QDot86: http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/qdot-8086/