ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] zrtpcpp, OpenSSL, and Debian

From: Guillaume Roguez
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] zrtpcpp, OpenSSL, and Debian
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 13:13:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi Daniel,

First, in name of all SFLPhone team and now Ring team, I want to thanks you as
SFLPhone users:
our success is in part due to you!

Now, as I've introduced right now, SFLPhone is now an obsolete project at
Savoir-faire Linux,
replaced by a much more featured project: Ring
Take a look to https://ring.cx for more information.

In term of sources, it's a continuity, Ring is based on SFLPhone sources.
You can take a copy of them by cloning our GIT repository here:

git clone https://gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com/ring-daemon

(Notice I give only "daemon" repository as other Ring parts never used OpenSSL)

So now, about the license exception: an OpenSSL exception has been introduced
in commit 80e5c0d2187c12c9 (2010-05-18).
Since, we've changed our whole design with the consequences of ccrtp and
OpenSSL dependencies removal.

So, Ring doesn't longer use OpenSSL (and ccrtp) and we have removed the
exception in the license.
(commit 5236ab05a814c, 2015-09-21)

Notice that we made our own Debian packages, available on ring.cx web site.
We haven't proposed Debian mainstream integration of Ring as our team size
doesn't permit
such work, but all contributions are really welcome.

I think you have now all information to progress.

Thanks again for your support.

Guillaume Roguez
Ring Project Director
Senior Free Software Consultant