certi-devel

[certi-dev] Re: Merge underway: Do no prepare patch against current CVS

From: Eric NOULARD
Subject: [certi-dev] Re: Merge underway: Do no prepare patch against current CVS
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:21:56 +0200

Le Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:25:57 +0200,
"Eric Noulard" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> After careful (I hope) testing the CERTI version
> which works for heterogeneous federation (br_DEV_HETEROGENEOUS)
> seems OK to be merged back to HEAD.
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6910

[...]
> Once the merge is done I'll send another message.
> Stay tuned :=)

The merge is done :=)
Go ahead with your welcomed patches.

As told in the task CERTI cvs HEAD may now be used
to deploy heterogeneous federation, i.e.

rtig and federate may run on different machine flavor
(Windows 32/64bit, Linux 32/64bits, ix86, sparc, etc....)
without trouble.

Please note that CERTI handles heterogeneity BUT
your federate may not since UAV transmitted
value (in HLA 1.3) are not currently encoded by the RTI.
You may have to update your application in order to take care
of that part.

In order to avoid a big loss between my merge and previously
already merged patches I did release CERTI 3.2.7 as an
intermediate release.
CERTI 3.2.7 is CERTI 3.2.6 + all fixes and patches before the merge.

So CERTI 3.2.7 does not handle heterogeneity
But CERTI CVS HEAD does.

I will make a new CERTI release (3.2.8 or may be 3.3.0)
as soon as we are all confident that my changes did not break
something for our applications currently using CERTI.

Please test and report any regression.

I did test CERTI billard and the HLA_Tutorial successfully
They were tested on non-heterogeneous machine since
UAV do not currently carry portable value as told before.

--
Erk