certi-devel

[certi-dev] CERTI and Real-Time simulation

From: HADJ AMOR HASSEN
Subject: [certi-dev] CERTI and Real-Time simulation
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:27:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I am using 2 real-time simulators (control federate and a graphical federate).  I used CERTI to communicate between both simulators. It works fine! Also, i synchronize both simulators to start simulating at the same time using annouceSynchronizationPoint. It works fine also. For the first simulator, i developed a wrapper to communicate with CERTI. For the second simulator, i integrated HLA services in the code because this simulator is based in C++ language.

This is an overview of my thesis work.

I have some questions and i hope if someone can answer me.

- The both simulators are real-time. Does this mean that we don't need to use Time management services? (non regulating or constrained simulator). I done a first test and it seems working fine. The both simulators are non regulator and non constrained and so they didn't request time advancing.

- I done another test using one simulator as regulator and the graphic simulator as constrained. I used a time stepped simulation. The simulation slows hugely. Any idea?

Finally, I think that HLA shows an apparent weakness when it comes to real-time simulation applications.

Any suggestion, any idea or remark is welcome.

Best Regards,
Hassen