certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] HLA Plugin for XPlane

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] HLA Plugin for XPlane
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:02:48 +0200

2008/5/30 Christian Stenzel <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I realized that you put a HLA Plugin for XPlane in the cvs tree.

Yes this is a preliminary release, so that we did not announce it
publicly yet...
Now it is done :=)

Current version "only" works for a XPlane 9.x and has only been tested
with Visual Studio 2008.

We need a little more time to polish the work.

The main author of the Plugin is Jean-Michel MATHE,
I let him explain the work in more detail.

> We find that very interesting.

Thanks we do too :=)

> Do you know, if one can also influence the physics of the plane within XPlane?

I don't know.
The current plugin has only "read-only" capability.
Whether if XPlane accept command or not is beyond my
XPlane knowledge which is actually very low.

> E.g. can I program a control for the rudders, elevators and integrate it into
> XPlane so that my plane uses my own control values?

This is an XPlane-related question,
may be some XPlane expert can step in the discussion
or you can ask on XPlane forum.

--
Erk