certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Git clone of CERTI CVS tree

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Git clone of CERTI CVS tree
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:57:29 +0200

2009/6/1 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Noulard wrote:
>
>> As you may have noticed Savannah.org has faced a major disk crash:
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-users/2009-05/msg00023.html
>
> Oooops !!
>
>> I did remember you did clone the CERTI cvs tree into your git tree.
>> http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/gitweb.pl
>>
>> I did clone the tree today and will review if the change I know are in it.
>> Would you be able to check in some log the the imports of last week
>> worked or not?
>
> My GIT mirror for CERTI is running every four hours (I'lll stop it for
> now until recovery on Savannah is complete) and it's doing a two-step
> operation: First I'm creating a 'private' GIT mirror from CVS and if
> that one succeeds (return code 0) then I'm pushing the private
> repository to the public.
> In consequence, whatever ends up in the public repository should, by
> design, be the result of a successful "git cvsimport". Hey, it's even
> been pulling the different branches ....

That's a good process.

> but, as far as I remember,
> you've been maintaining some CERTI test suite alongside the CERTI
> sources on Savannah which I've not been mirroring.

That's true we lack the whole applications sub-modules....
(PyHLA, HLA_TestsSuite, HLA_Tutorial, F90HLA, MatlabHLA etc...)
hopefully I have at least late checkout which should be up to date.

We may lose part of the history but not all because Savannah should
have an end-of-april full backup.
We may not have lost many history because besides HLA Tests Suite
and PyHLA other modules did not have much commit in May.

>> The import should have stop since 3 or 4 days because of the Savannah outage
>> but I hope that before that all CVS --> GIT import did go well, that
>> way we could use the cloned git tree to restore the CVS on Savannah.
>
> Obviously the summary on 'gitweb' tells you which one had been the
> latest commit. Compare that to the Savannah commit EMails.

I think we do have it all, that's good news.
More check on wednesday.

--
Erk