certi-devel

RE: RE: RE: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI performance issue

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI performance issue
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:46:21 +0200

Aaaaah! I have a plausible explanation: You do nextEventRequest() and then immediately check for the grant, which did not arrive yet. Then you wait 1s and check again. Although the grant doesn’t arrive immediately, it arrives very soon. But you always wait for 1s before the second tick(). The second tick() always succeeds.

To prove my theory, you can use usleep(0.5 * 1000000) instead of sleep(1). This will wait only 0.5s. If I’m right, the performance will improve, but the TICK count stays the same.

Petr