certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Flight trial with FlightGear and MS FSX via CERTI HLA

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Flight trial with FlightGear and MS FSX via CERTI HLA
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:02:23 +0000 (UTC)

"Gotthard, Petr" wrote:

> I cannot resist sharing another HLA use-case. ;-) Tomas interconnected
> FlightGear and Microsoft Flight Simulator via the CERTI HLA and the
> AviationSimNet FOM. And this is a video from his "flight trial":
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUzt5cON4lg. As you can see at the end of
> the video, it's not yet perfect, but it's a first big step. Plaudits for
> Tomas!

Oh, indeed, many thanks for sharing this movie with us !

Different runway elevations had always been on topic when people were
discussing wether and how to to link FlightGear against M$FS.
Personally I'd expect to experience an effect similar to the one we're
observing here, yet it's still a bit surprising since I would assume
most flight simulators to rely on the same elevation model.

Trying a different airfield, one that is surrounded by nothing but flat
terrain might be worth a cross-check - EHAM for example.

Nevertheless it's great to see that the basics are already working
quite nicely.

Best regards,
        Martin.