certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Java Binding

From: Andrej Pancik
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Java Binding
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 15:28:37 +0100

Hello,

 A lot of identifiers have changed therefore it is necessary to modify
guts of Java libRTI. My estimation is that I need few hours to get new
compatible Java generator to work, however since I had only a brief
look I did not fully assess the problem.

 By the way I do not know any elegant way to determine what
corresponding data interface to use when serializing and deserializing
messages. From my point of view it is easier to decompose
AttributeHandleValuePairSet to r/w of arrays of handles and values
than to compose r/w of both arrays to AttributeHandleValuePairSet
while crawling through message definition file in linear fashion.
Since I need to provide AttributeHandleValuePairSet to libRTI I have
to convert the data explicitly somewhere anyway. It would be much
better if it was done on generator part.

Just to be clear I am not opposed to "repeated" keyword. It has it's
important semantics. I just think that:

"repeated HandleValuePair reflectedAttributes"

is more appropriate to describe data strucuture than

"repeated AttributeHandle    attributes
repeated AttributeValue_t   values "

because "repeated AttributeHandle attributes" itself can correspond to
several SISO types and right now it is hard to determine in generator
which SISO type it should be mapped to.

regards

Andrej Pancik