certi-devel

[certi-dev] Trying to use CERTI with regions

From: Mattias Helsing
Subject: [certi-dev] Trying to use CERTI with regions
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:35:52 +0100

Hi all

I wanted to ask if anyone here tried to use CERTI with regions? and in that case how did it work out for you?

We use CERTI in our simulator setup and running without regions active the RTI is working perfectly fine, but as soon as I enable a region I get an endless stream of libRTI Exception NetworkError, and UN Socket(EmettreUN) : : Broken pipe

From what I can tell I successfully call
    getRoutingSpaceHandle(..)
    getDimensionHandle(...)
    createRegion(...)
but then fails in
    notifyAboutRegionModification(*myregion);
...which tells me that: Region not known...

I realize this may not be much to go on, but I wanted to describe my problem to catch: "Yes, I know what you have done wrong" answers from more experienced users. Eventually I'll have to dive into the CERTI code if I cant find a solution to this since we really like CERTI.

As a note this region stuff has been working fine with DMSO and MÄK, with the difference that I have to modify the fed files slightly. So given that I have the space MySpace and the dimension MyDim specified in the fed file an attribute would be described like this for DMSO/MÄK:
(attribute MyAttr best_effort receive MySpace)
...while with CERTi I have to leave out the MySpace in the above.

Sorry about the long post. Any help is greatly appreciated. If further information is required I'll gladly get it for you.

cheers
Mattias