certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Extending CERTI

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Extending CERTI
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:30:33 +0100

2012/12/16 Usman Awais <address@hidden>:
> Hi There,
>
> I am trying to implement an optimistic algorithm. For this I need to
> get flushQueueRequest working.
>
> I am looking into the code, of course finding the place to do so is
> not difficult, but since I do not have any idea of coding
> architecture, so it is difficult to make changes in the code. Could
> some one please guide me how to achieve this easily.

I'll try, in any case if you have more questoins just ask.

First of all you must understand that every service in CERTI is message based,
due to the fact that CERTI implements a classical Fed+LRC+CRC  architecture.

LRC = Local RTI Component, it is called RTIA = RTI Ambassador process
within CERTI code.
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/RTIA/?root=certi

CRC = Central RTI Component, it is called RTIG = RTI Gateway process
within CERTI code.
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/RTIG/?root=certi

The federate is linked to libRTI:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/libRTI/?root=certi

all those modules (RTIA, RTIG, libRTI) use the common liBCERTI:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/libCERTI/?root=certi

You'll find a small presentation concerning CERTI message system here:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/papers/CERTI-GenMsg-presentation-6june2011.pdf
If you read french, this student report may be useful as well:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/papers/2010-SpecGenMessage_CERTI-RapportDeStage-LucasALBA.pdf

Once the proper message are defined and sent from federate to RTIA
(and possibly RTIG)
the most tricky place for FQR implementation will certainly be in
TimeManagement part which you'll
find in "RTIA/TimeManagement.cc".

Have a nice dive into CERTI source code :-]
--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org