certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Configuring Latency Tests

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Configuring Latency Tests
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:45:09 +0100

2013/3/22 Waléria Antunes David <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if the Certi has some method to conduct performance
> tests on models? I need to test the latency, throughput in the model.
> How do I do?

CERTI has no such feature builtin.
You have to put measurement call inside your user code.

Nevertheless CERTI provides you with an abstract Clock class which may
help you for that.

See:
libhla::clock::Clock

example of use in certi/libHLA/TestClocks.cc:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/libHLA/TestClocks.cc?root=certi&view=markup

with that kind of clock you can only safely do round-trip latency
because one-way latency needs precise clock synchronization between
the two (or more) participating hosts.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org