certi-devel

[certi-dev] DM - StartRegistrationForObjectClass

From: Jan-Patrick Osterloh
Subject: [certi-dev] DM - StartRegistrationForObjectClass
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:47:17 +0200

Hi!

I've a question regarding the Declaration Management, and there the behaviour of StartRegistrationForObjectClass callback. I recognised, that our federates receive an instance of the callback, when publishing a variable, i.e. directly after "publishObjectClassAttributes". The standard says the following, when to send the callback:
"At least one of the class attributes that the joined federate is publishing at the specified object class is
actively subscribed to at the specified object class or at a superclass of the specified object class by
at least one other joined federate in the federation execution."

But in my test, I receive the callback also, if no other federate has joined the federation, and I receive it even twice, if my class has the attribute "PublishSubscribe". That means, I receive it once for publishing, and the second time for subscription. But my expectation would be, that I receive no startRegistrationForObjectClass at all, because in publish case, no one has actively subscribed the class, and if I subscribe my own class it's not "one other joined federate".

I had a quick look at the source code, and indeed you send the callback in subscribeObject to all publishers including the federate itself. And what I didn't understand at all is the publishObject, where also the startRegistrationForObjectClass is sent. I would have expected, that you send a discoverObjectClass callback to the subscribers.

Best
JPO

--
Dipl. Inform. Jan-Patrick Osterloh
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transportation

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transport
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax: +49 441 97 22-524/502
E-Mail: address@hidden