certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Building CERTI on Ubuntu 15.10 (64bit)

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Building CERTI on Ubuntu 15.10 (64bit)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 14:04:01 +0200

On 13/Oct - 18:36, Eric Noulard wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > $ gcc --version
> > gcc (Ubuntu 5.2.1-22ubuntu1) 5.2.1 20151010
> >

> Strange enough on My Debian Strech 64 bits I have:
>
>  $ gcc --version
> gcc (Debian 5.2.1-21) 5.2.1 20151003
>
> which compiles CERTI without trouble...

In any case, the warning is correct (and it would be very nice if gcc
decide to put it in this default set of warning).

The warning is always there (gcc or clang or ...) but the link error is not.

In case of bad::alloc / bad::cast exception, the code will end with no
return value, so the caller will get an undefined return value. For
makeZero and decode method, a solution is to return nullptr, but for
rft, there is no good solution, but to really rethrow an exception.

Do you know why the exception throw is commented for this three methods
?

Yes, to avoid circular ref dep:

The full history of this is here
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30003