cgitechs-public

[Cgitechs-public] seaside

From: Roland Bishop
Subject: [Cgitechs-public] seaside
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:20:12 +0200

Even with all the information we have given it as a society over the past several decades, domestic violence remains a common struggle for many individuals and couples.
what are you supposed to do at a wake?
Now my weight has gone down about fifteen pounds. I feel that I have tried so many different approaches.
About five months ago my husband of five years got drunk.
I think of myself as generally healthy, I'm careful what I eat.
So, feel free to submit a question for review. On the contrary, your choice to stay with him at this point in time reflects your love for him and commitment to your marriage.
They prayed with me and continually are doing so. Some people make many gains after a few years of therapy and are able to 'let go' and move on without any further effects.
It sounds like he is dealing with some residual pain and anger as a result of you and his mother splitting up.
I strongly believe it is better to not cover up abuse. These are very common feelings for abuse victims, and in order to get past them they have to be acknowledged and dealt with. One of the two guys was just who she was dating at the time and the other his friend. I also think you should be able to share your feelings honestly with him about how hurt you are and try to build on that in a positive way.
I feel that maybe he will never change or that maybe I need to change. I love him very much and we both lost our virginity to eachother.
It sounds like he is dealing with some residual pain and anger as a result of you and his mother splitting up. I think it would benefit you both if you could find a way to get back into professional treatment. The counseling process can be very beneficial in learning new skills in how to cope and continue to heal when 'stuff' comes up after moving on from therapy.
He was your son long before anything had happened between you and your wife that caused the break-up of your family, and he always will be.
This helps to be able to work towards any personal healing that may be needed and on changing those behaviors. I've tried to be understanding to his situation.
And, you probably know by now that if your husband does not want to go to counseling you can't force him. I feel though that I'm pulling away from my husband, as if I can have no true respect for him.
He said that they think i'm very needy and a bit physco. I strongly believe it is better to not cover up abuse. He got back from Iraq one year ago. He is also a child of an alcoholic which stills drinks till this day. Many people don't seek help due to deep feelings of shame, guilt and fear, though keeping oneself isolated isn't the answer because historically domestic violence escalates over time if untreated.
And, be sure to check back in for weekly updates to start again soon!
Most of the time, while he is drinking, he says and does several things that really hurt me however the next day he doesn't remember. I'm sure it's of interest to many readers. He is also a child of an alcoholic which stills drinks till this day. Without one or the other component, any treatment you decide on would likely have less of an impact.
We are on the verge of a separation, just teetering from day to day.