chicken-announce

[Chicken-announce] Chicken 4.8.0.3 released

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: [Chicken-announce] Chicken 4.8.0.3 released
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 01:28:22 -0500

Hi all,

Chicken 4.8.0.3 is now available for download:

  http://code.call-cc.org/releases/4.8.0/chicken-4.8.0.3.tar.gz

This release primarily fixes a bug on Linux and Solaris which
causes high CPU usage when waiting for child process I/O.

=== What's new ===

4.8.0.3

 - Runtime
    - Avoid high CPU usage when waiting for child process I/O with poll().
      Affects at least Linux and Solaris.
    - Escape single backslash in printed symbols.

 - Type system
    - Fixed types.db entry for join and mutex-lock!

 - Core tools
   - chicken-install transports now parses ports on URIs with empty paths

The 4.8.0.x releases reside on the stability/4.8.0 branch in git,
which you can retrieve with:

git clone --branch stability/4.8.0 git://code.call-cc.org/chicken-core

Or browse my unofficial github mirror:
https://github.com/ursetto/chicken-core-stability/tree/stability/4.8.0

Jim