chicken-announce

Re: [Chicken-announce] Chicken 4.8.0.6 released

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-announce] Chicken 4.8.0.6 released
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 18:23:50 -0500

Hi all,

We received a couple reports of problems building the 4.8.0.6 tarball on
systems without Chicken already installed.  This was due to an incorrect
timestamp on the file buildtag.h.  To correct this issue, we uploaded a new
version of the tarball with everything identical but the timestamp updated;
this will prevent a rebuild of build-version.c from the Scheme source, so a
pre-existing Chicken is no longer required.

If you have already built Chicken successfully, there is no need to rebuild, as
no code has actually changed.  This only affects users who were unable to build
from the tarball.

Jim