chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] bootstrapping tarball

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] bootstrapping tarball
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 22:17:06 +0100

On 28 Dec 2007 17:53:02 -0200, Mario Domenech Goulart
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Is cross-compiling supported by the bootstrap thing?  I mean, when
> using PLATFORM=cross-linux-mingw the target platform for the bootstrap
> compiler should be Linux, and the binaries generated by the bootstrap
> compiler should be for Windows, right?

You caught the problem right away. This is indeed where the bootstrapping
doesn't work. Possibly with some crude makefile hacks one could force
ARCH to be the host-system's when doing the bootstrap, with using any
ARCH passed on the command line for the second build. Unfortunately
my head starts spinning when I look at makefiles for too long...

cheers,
felix