chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Bug shadowing syntactic keyword

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Bug shadowing syntactic keyword
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:01:50 -0400

Thomas Bushnell BSG scripsit:

> But if we try "begin" as the formal, it fails interestingly:
> ((lambda (begin) (begin 1 2 3)) (lambda args args))
>   => ((1 2 3))
>
> And if we try "define" as the formal, we get a spinning infinite loop of
> some kind:
> ((lambda (define) (define 1 2 3)) (lambda args args))
>   => never returns

Yes.  In effect, the primitive syntax indicators of R5RS are reserved
words in Chicken 3.  Chicken 4 does not have this bug, and it is
overridden if you load any of the macro packages into Chicken 3.

--
Dream projects long deferred             John Cowan <address@hidden>
usually bite the wax tadpole.            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan