chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] parallel build failure

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] parallel build failure
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 01:38:18 -0600

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 01:06, Leonardo Valeri Manera
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 4 March 2011 00:00, Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Although it's still officially unsupported, Peter Bex's revamp of the
>> makefile system after 4.6.0 seems to have enabled reliable parallel
>> builds.  I am now able to build repeatedly at -j2, -j3 and -j4.

> That's pretty sweet news, not that chicken takes a great deal of time
> to build ... but faster = better! :D

Spoke too soon :(.  I had 5 or 6 successful builds on two machines but
1 failure on a different machine (at -j4).  The error is again with
setup-api.scm and possibly setup-download.scm; chicken-uninstall tries
to use them before they are built.  So, this has not been fixed. As
before, if you restart the compile it will work.  Sorry.
Jim