chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Distributed egg repo proposal

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Distributed egg repo proposal
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 19:45:20 -0400

Christian Kellermann scripsit:

>  - Automatically *mirror* the contributed archives on call-cc.org,
>  maybe after the code has passed N salmonella rounds of master and
>  experimental branches.

What is an archive in this context?  Is this a .tar.gz of a whole
remote repository in some random format (git, hg, bzr, remote svn)?

This is the issue that bothers me.  Using one DVCS would be great.
Using *every* DVCS at the whim of the egg maintainer is an invitation
to chaos.  And the "magic script" will in the nature of things only
support a subset of all the CVSes out there.

--
All Gaul is divided into three parts: the part          John Cowan
that cooks with lard and goose fat, the part            http://ccil.org/~cowan