chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] substring function and bounds checks

From: Michele La Monaca
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] substring function and bounds checks
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:07:31 +0100

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Alex Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Michele La Monaca
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Alex Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > operations.  The only example provided was fairly obscure and it was
>> > indeed a composition, even if you don't think it's worth separating them
>> > for logging or other handling.
>>
>> At the prompt of your shell type:
>>
>> # ls ?a_well_thought_out_substring_function_would_do_this_job*
>

> I'm not sure I understand, but it sounds like you're just mocking me?

Not at all! Sorry if I gave you that impression. Ok, there was a bit
of humor, but, well, take it easy. Rember Jim calling Sussman on the
phone only to be
redirected to voicemail? I think this kind of jokes are accettable in
a heated technical discussion and no one should get offended for
those.

Anyway, mine wasn't only a joke. I used to be a C programmer so I have
the bad habit to condense too much information in one line. Sorry for
that.  If you want I can expand on it and explain my case.
Unfortunately I think I've already abused enough this list, so feel
free to contact me privately if you want to continue this discussion
with me.

Regards,
Michele