chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Whishlist entry: macro expansion for type declarat

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Whishlist entry: macro expansion for type declarations.
Date: 25 Feb 2013 22:11:47 +0100

Thanks!

On Feb 25 2013, megane wrote:

Hi,

have you tried define-type:

<syntax>(define-type NAME TYPE)</syntax>

No, I did not - so far.

(I thought this would be a part of the FFI stuff.)

Looks as if it just did the job.  Thus I should be able to
have an extra file of type aliases like this to be included
all over the place.

That's a solution to the problem at hand.

/Jerry

Defines a type-abbreviation {{NAME}} that can be used in place of
{{TYPE}}.  Type-abbreviations defined inside a module are not visible
outside of that module.