chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] More support for The Hurd

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] More support for The Hurd
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:38:27 +0000

Hi Christian,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:26:26 +0200 Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:

> The attached patch make CHICKEN usable on the Hurd. Without the
> patch csc won't include the location hint of libchicken for the
> linker. And while we are at it, give The Hurd its own Makefile,
> currently just cloning linux.
>
> Stuff that's still missing: MAX_PATH (and maybe other limits) are
> not defined and so make check fails for the reverser test.
>
> I consider this another bug which has to be addressed more thoroughly
> in another patch.

Indeed.  Meanwhile, can't we just have something like

/* GNU Hurd doesn't have PATH_MAX */
#if defined __GNU__ && !defined PATH_MAX
#  define C_PATH_MAX 1024
# else
#  define C_PATH_MAX PATH_MAX
#endif

in chicken.h?  It wouldn't make things more or less broken than they
currently are, I think.

> I have tested this on Debian/Hurd (x86 32 bit). What do you think?

I think it looks pretty ok.

> Please note that this patch depends on the previous one I have sent
> to this list.

Best wishes.
Mario
--