chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg plan for 5?

From: Dan Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg plan for 5?
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 17:55:44 -0800

Is there documentation on how to construct an egg file? I've been
looking at this [0] document and it's not clear to me what the new
format looks like.

Many of my setup files included a significant amount of code execution,
particularly using the make egg, and I see that this is under
consideration for either sandboxing or complete removal. I'm not sure
what to say here other than I'm eager to start on converting to 5 in
order to overcome these changes sooner rather than later.

I'm hopeful that the namespace changes are going to make it easier for
Geiser to operate. Right now it's a bit clumsy about modules and their
exports.

0: https://wiki.call-cc.org/chicken-5-roadmap-egg-system

Thanks!
-Dan