chicken-janitors

[Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: [Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:02:59 -0000

#281: promote irregex to full unit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  zbigniew                                                   |
Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                                                |

Comment(by sjamaan):

 Actually, I much prefer the irregex API over the original one. Mostly
 because it offers SRE syntax which is vastly superior to string-based
 regexes (though I understand the regex unit now also accepts those?), and
 the irregex API offers complete access to all those features (like for
 example named submatches and working with "match" objects; I'm not sure if
 the "regex" API has a way to allow access to that).

 Finally, I think using irregex directly could help to make code more
 portable (as irregex seems to work on a shitload of Schemes)

 For these reasons I'd really like to see Jim's patch accepted. It would
 not make a difference for those using the regex API, but it would make
 life easier for those of us who prefer to use irregex directly.

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.irp.oist.jp/trac/chicken/ticket/281#comment:2>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>