chicken-janitors

[Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: [Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:30:18 -0000

#281: promote irregex to full unit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  zbigniew                                                   |
Owner:  felix
     Type:  enhancement                                                |

Comment(by sjamaan):

 If regex is shipped as an egg, we should update the internal egg version
 number. Otherwise people will upgrade their Chicken and their old
 installed eggs that use regex will start failing.

 Alternatively, we could ship it with core for now and take the opportunity
 of the next internal egg version bump of putting it in an egg. I'd prefer
 this approach.

 In the meanwhile, the eggs could already be updated right now. If
 requiring a nonexistant "regex" egg doesn't make them break if the regex
 lib is part of chicken we will have a decent transition period with no
 breakage at all. nice!

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.irp.oist.jp/trac/chicken/ticket/281#comment:21>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>