chicken-janitors

[Chicken-janitors] #430: commit cbb27fe380ff8e45cdf04d812e1ec649bf45ca47

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: [Chicken-janitors] #430: commit cbb27fe380ff8e45cdf04d812e1ec649bf45ca47 not (always) compatible with DSSSL key arguments
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 07:46:58 -0000

#430: commit cbb27fe380ff8e45cdf04d812e1ec649bf45ca47 not (always) compatible
with DSSSL key arguments
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  alanpost  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 I have started getting a compilation error in my egg, genturfahi.  Here is
 the error:

 Error: nunjavni.scm:131: procedure `javni-*' called with wrong number of
 arguments

 This procedure usses DSSSL #!key arguments.  It is being called with the
 correct number of arguments, as you can see by looking at the source code:

 source:release/4/genturfahi/trunk/address@hidden

 This is the simplest test case that I've managed to create which causes
 this error:

 {{{
 (define (foo)
   (define (bar #!key a)
     (define (baz)
       (bar a: #t))
     baz)
   bar)
 }}}

 Compiling the above code with csc (csc -o key key.scm) produces the error:

 Error: key.scm:4: procedure `bar' called with wrong number of arguments

 But it very clearly does have the correct number of arguments.  I would
 expect the above code to compile without this error message.

 If I remove the #!key support, the code compiles fine.

 More simplistic cases using #!key arguments don't seem to trigger this
 error.  The above code snippet is the simplest test case I was able to
 create that demonstrates the problem.

 When I revert cbb27fe380ff8e45cdf04d812e1ec649bf45ca47, the genturfahi egg
 compiles and passes all of its tests.

--
Ticket URL: <http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/430>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>