chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1012: getopt-long discards doublequotes and opti

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1012: getopt-long discards doublequotes and option values after whitespace characters
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 01:38:26 -0000

#1012: getopt-long discards doublequotes and option values after whitespace
characters
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  evhan       |       Owner:  iraikov
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  accepted
 Component:  extensions  |     Version:  4.8.x
Resolution:              |    Keywords:  getopt-long
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by iraikov):

  * owner:  => iraikov
  * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 Hello,

   Thanks for using getopt-long and providing the patch. I have updated
 getopt-long to address your issues by making the quote escaping
 functionality optional, and by making the long option value character set
 configurable. While you are correct that bash and modern Unix shells do
 the right thing with regard to quoting, I am not so sure this the case for
 Windows, so for now I will preserve and make optional the getopt-long
 quotation mechanism. I also agree with your point about white space in
 option values. I have changed the getopt-long procedure to take an
 optional keyword value, 'long-option-value-cset', which specifies an
 SRFI-14 char set with the valid characters allowed in option values. This
 character set defaults to letters, numbers, punctuation, and spaces, but
 you can extend it further if this is not enough. Please try the new
 version and let me know if you need further changes. Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1012#comment:1>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>